[LinuxBIOS] GA-M57SLI-S4 continuity test on the second plcc socket.

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Thu Mar 29 05:42:01 CEST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 04:52:49PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Beth <beth.null at gmail.com> [070328 11:22]:
> > Another thing is something that a friend of mine says yesterday:
> > why instead of removing the chip, take and desolder only the vcc
> > pin, put a micro-switch on it, solder another chip on top of the
> > existing and do the same with its vcc pin, so with two
> > micro-switches you can select wich bios chip use. What do you
> > think about this solution?.
>
> You also need to do this for CE and CS.

Actually not, there are no CE or CS signals here.

But don't use Vcc, use INIT# instead.

We just need to learn how it looks during boot and how it is
connected on the two chips, then the U10 pads can be used to
fit a socket and T1/T2 pads used for the switching circuitry.

> No idea how hard or easy it is to desolder single pins instead of
> the complete chip. It is a good idea though!

Too hard, better just use the ready made PLCC pads for a socket. :)

//Peter