[LinuxBIOS] IOSS Product Order / RD1-PMC4 for which board ?

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Mon Mar 26 16:59:09 CEST 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:15:07AM +0200, Quux wrote:
> so for which boards is RD1-PMC4 matching ? Gigabyte M57SLI ? Any
> Asus or Elitegroup board ?
> from internet ads it is hard to tell which BIOS memory the
> manufacturers put on their boards ?
>
> who can tell ?   --Q

The RD1-PMC4 has a 4Mbit LPC flash chip, the Pm49FL004. This should
work just fine on any board that wants LPC flash. Best way is to look
at the data sheet for the flash part currently on board and compare
that to the Pm49LF004 data sheet, but as long as it's LPC it shold
work.

Note by work I mean CPU able to read from flash.

For writing, there is still the issue of finding out how to tell the
board to allow writing to the flash ROM, but this of course has
nothing to do with the BIOS savior.

//Peter