[LinuxBIOS] uart_init hangs?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue Mar 27 11:19:15 CEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 01:34:59AM -0400, Corey Osgood wrote:
> Okay, so now I'm getting something, after I moved early_mtrr_init to the
> start of auto.c. It looks like question marks in hexagons, all across
> minicom's screen, but it is actually working.

Don't give up, yet. This looks good, you're getting output. Now it's
"just" a matter of finding the part of the init code which is not quite
right, yet.

Try explicitly setting everything which is marked as default in the
datasheet, maybe there's some hardware quirk/bug... Also, is there any
errata document for this Super I/O?

Uwe.