[LinuxBIOS] 82830.h

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Fri Mar 23 06:41:23 CET 2007

joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> Quoting Corey Osgood <corey_osgood at verizon.net>:
>
>> joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>>> Can someone take a look at my memory Register definitions file. Is it
>>> too much??
>>> Do you think I should weed out the Graphic and Read Only ones?
>>>
>>> Thanks - Joe
>>>

>> Hmm...normally we don't define values in the header, just simple names
>> for the registers. But I suppose it does work.
>>
>> You also have typos after you set DRB0, 0X60 should be 0x60 (lower case
>> x, I think this is important, not positive). DTC_VAL should also be
>> 0x00000000.
>>
>> Good luck!
>> Corey
>>
> Thanks for the feedback Corey. Should I put the values in the top of the
> raminit.c file? Sorry I am used to writing PHP scripts in which all
> definitions get put in one file usually.
>
> Thanks - Joe

In reality, it doesn't really matter, I suppose. I guess it's pretty
much whatever the developer wants to do...if you (or a user) want to put
those in the header, I can see a good side to it: if you decide to
change it, you can change it in raminit.c and then if you revert it, you
can just plug the name in the header file back in. Anyways, for the
moment, the most important thing is making the code work, not about
making it pretty ;)

-Corey