[LinuxBIOS] Getting Friendly with Flashrom

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 22 15:35:04 CET 2007

On 22.03.2007 15:24, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Anton <anton.borisov at gmail.com> [070322 15:22]:
>> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:16:42 +0100
>> Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
>>
>>> * Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> [070322 15:08]:
>>> A similar structure is found in ASUS branden bioses. Look at
>>> ASUSBIOS.PAS in uniflash
>> 	Feature of which could be possibly incorporated into flashrom, in order
>> not to have stuck system while detecting flash-chip (on ASUS boards).
>
> Yes. This should work. The one disadvantage is that it stops working as
> soon as you flashed linuxbios for the first time, because it does not
> provide that information.
>
> (Maybe it should, btw, when we want to save configuration stuff in a
> flash block?)

Why not use an extra utility for this (detect_flash_enable_strategy)?

# ./detect_flash_enable_strategy
Performing PCI and SuperIO config space dump 1...
Calling Flash enable hooks in proprietary BIOS....
Performing PCI and SuperIO config space dump 2...
Diffing dumps...
PCI config space byte 0x13 of device 00:1e.0 changed from 0x20 to 0x30
Please mail the above information with lspci -nv and a description
of your mainboard to linuxbios at linuxbios.org.

What do you think?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel