[LinuxBIOS] Getting Friendly with Flashrom

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Mar 22 11:00:54 CET 2007

* joe at smittys.pointclark.net <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> [070322 05:53]:
> > Probably a stupid question, but why don't we just ask the uniflash
> > developer how he figured it out? He's got support for several different
> > boards with special locking mechanisms.
>
> I ack that Corey, I think uniflash is much more powerful than any of
> the vender provided dos flashing tools available!

No need to ask. The code is freely available and rather simple. The
reason flashrom does not do it is that the mechanism incorporates
calling 16bit code. Nothing too magic. It will just never work with
AMD64 64bit kernels.

You might also require to specify an Award BIOS image to make the
AWDFLASH way work.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613