[LinuxBIOS] Distribution of binary images and Intel NDAs...

Marcelo Coelho marcelocoelho at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:36:22 CET 2007

> LinuxBIOS code is licensed under the GPL, which requires the source code
> to be made available on request. That prevents binary-only distributions.
> Besides, what's the benefit of a binary-only LinuxBIOS over a binary-only
> PhoenixBIOS?

I'm not saying binary-only, just asking if it would be possible to
_ALSO_ have a binary format available. I haven't tested LinuxBios
because the HW that I have isn't compatible, but I believe that the
most difficult part is the creation of those binary images.

> That said, it may be possible to write GPL'd source code based on
> documents provided under NDA. It all depends on the specific terms of the
> NDA. There is no such thing as a "standard" NDA.

I agree, but I thought that NDA is pratically anti-GPL.

Thanks for your time!