[LinuxBIOS] Distribution of binary images and Intel NDAs...

Marcelo Coelho marcelocoelho at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:14:41 CET 2007

Hi!

First of all I'd like to congratulate all of you for your excellent work!

I've seen the LinuxBios presentation and I'd like to know if there is
a technical reason that would prevent the creation and distribution of
binary BIOS files, ready to be flashed onto the motherboard's BIOS.

If that could be done, then the possibility of a developer signing a
NDA with Intel to develop a BIOS for it could be done, right?

I know that NDAs aren't the way for better software, but at least it
allows that a piece of software exists... :S

Thanks for your enlightenment!
Marcelo