[LinuxBIOS] Question about Config file

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Mar 21 11:16:45 CET 2007

* ccases at navista.fr <ccases at navista.fr> [070321 11:07]:
> For initialise the serial port for debugging, what is the command and or
> to place it ?

The serial init function is usually called from the mainboard's auto.c.
The chip specific code is in the superio/ directory.

> If I have just create the file linuxbios.rom with etherboot for payload,
> and if I test to flash my rom, normaly even if all doesn't function, at
> least  will have something on the screen  or not ? if not I depend on my
> VGA ?

No, if things don't work you will not see something on your screen. VGA
setup is so complex that it basically almost the last thing that happens
in LinuxBIOS.
So when you see something on the screen, the whole setup basically
worked fine.

All LinuxBIOS ports have serial console though.
Or USB debug console for those boards with no SuperIO/serial port.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613