[LinuxBIOS] Question about Config file

ccases at navista.fr ccases at navista.fr
Wed Mar 21 09:21:47 CET 2007

> ccases at navista.fr wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have an little question, the size of the chip (bios) is declare only
>>> in
>>> the ../targets/<mother>/<board>/Config.lb at the line ROM_IMAGE_SIZE,
>>> or
>>> is in other config file, because when y compil the size of my
>>> linuxbios.rom is 128ko , but my chip is an 256ko, and ROM_IMAGE_SIZE is
>>> déclare at 256*1024,
>>>
>>> thank's by adavance for your help,
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Ccases
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> Sorry it's ROM_SIZE not ROM_IMAGE_SIZE everywhere
>>

> In the target Config.lb, you should have ROM_SIZE = 256*1024 (or you can
> calculate it out), which I see you have, and I've got ROM_IMAGE_SIZE =
> 0x10000. The options in Options.lb and Config.lb (in src/...) should, in
> theory, never have to be changed for a different flash part size. If
> you're only building a fallback image, you'll have to adjust
> FALLBACK_SIZE in Options.lb to be the size of the whole flash part
> (256*1024), and also modify failover.c to only boot the fallback image,
> is that maybe where the problem is?
>
> -Corey

I use the fallback and the normal mode, if my chip has a size 256*1024,
what  size of FALLBACK_SIZE and ROM_IMAGE_SIZE I can choose, I have some
difficulty to define the role of the ROM_IMAGE_SIZE, the ROM_SIZE define
the  size of the chip, the FALLBACK_SIZE define the size of the fallback
mode, but the ROM_IMAGE_SIZE ??? I don't understand the goal of
ROM_IMAGE_SIZE, if you have an better explaination that on the Web site, I
would appreciate much.

Thanks by advance for your help.

regards

Ccases