[LinuxBIOS] m57sli-s4 build tutorial

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Mar 20 00:51:11 CET 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 11:58:09PM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Determine that it's a transition from awardbios to linuxbios (safely)
> * read the mac address (will it always be the same position for all
>   award bios updates in the future?)

Of course there is a bit more information that can be used here - the factory
mac address will be somewhat predictable, if we know the board we're
flashing. Only the last 6 of the 12 bytes of the mac address are an unknown.
In my case, the 00:16:e6 is Gigabyte's vendor id, unsurprisingly
(http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/?string=00%3A16%3Ae6).

Thanks,
Ward.

--