[LinuxBIOS] linuxbios + xf86-video-unichrome: no VGA BIOS needed.

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sun Mar 18 17:20:31 CET 2007

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 04:21:22PM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Maybe we do want to switch the bootsplash on in the LinuxBIOS part?

It's a feature, but none that I would use.

> * Maybe we want a seperate "stage" that does only that, between pci
>   init and executing the bootloader?

Sounds like an idea. I would definately not want it compiled in
unless I choose it in Kconfig though. But one option for which mode,
and another for the graphics file would be good. We'd want to convert
the image to raw and repack with lzma instead, rather than include a
png decoder in ROM, right?

> * Maybe the bootloader should take care?
>
> What do you think? I really don't know.

How does GRUB2 feel about it?

//Peter

PS: Could you test the TIMER2/RESET patch on your EPIA and ack if it
works?