[LinuxBIOS] Please explain why is some hardware not supported even though it runs fine in linux

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Mar 9 18:52:26 CET 2007

* joe at smittys.pointclark.net <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> [070309 17:40]:
> Correct me if I am wrong, can't the SPD-ROM be read through the i2c
> (smbus). I know, if you have a supported super IO you can use
> lmsensors to read the SPD-ROM. Would that be helpful in this case?

Yes, this is correct. SPD-ROM can be read via the i2c bus. This means
the initial requirement for LinuxBIOS basically looks like this:

* get superio working (serial output)
* get i2c working (spdrom)
* get ram init working.

looking at lmsensors might give you a hint, but all the linux
framework it containss, it is a lot more complex than our i2c
drivers.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613