[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on a HP ePC C10 ?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Mar 9 02:23:54 CET 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 01:03:50AM -0500, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> > Bios Type: American Megatrends licensed to Intel
> >
> > Bios Date: 07/11/01 (latest i was able to aquire)
> >
> > Bios ID: 63-10B5-001121-00101011-071595-WHITNEY-1AAFR051

All of this is not relevant.

> > Chipset: Intel Whitney 82810E rev 3

Not yet supported, sorry.

> > Super I/O: NSC 364 rev 11 found at port 2Eh

Not yet supported, but this is usually easy to do.

> > BIOS ROM: in socket, 512 kb

This is good. As it's in a socket you can take it out and put a
backup-chip in there...

> > Currently it seems I am not able to install anything bigger then 256 MB ram,
> > would a bios upgrade change this ?

Depends on where the limitation comes from. If the proprietary BIOS
simply doesn't support more RAM, then maybe.

If your northbridge/chipset doesn't support more RAM (didn't check),
then you're out of luck -- no BIOS will help you in that case.

> Hello Klaus,
> To date there is no support for the Intel P3 828XX (82810, 82815,
> 82830) chipsets. Which seems a little strange because the i810 and
> i815 are very popular P3 chipsets.

Yeah, well :) All LinuxBIOS problems usually boil down to:

 * Too few developers
 * Not enough time per day
 * Missing data sheets

(or combinations thereof)

> I am working on this and will
> hopefully be able to get it going soon.

That's great! We're looking forward to your patches!

Uwe.