[LinuxBIOS] next meeting

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 02:48:18 CET 2007

We talked about having the next meeting in Taiwan, but there were a
number of issues. So we thought about california. I am partial to CA
as I am moving there in a few weeks.

I would like to propose this place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marin_Headlands
Why:
it is a stunningly beatiful area, it is really hard to get it across
in pictures.
There is a conference center: http://www.yni.org/hi/conference/rates.php
It is just north of the golden gate bridge, so it is easy to get to
SF; we could have some fun excursions to SF and sausalito
there is a youth hostel there, for poor students:
http://www.norcalhostels.org/marin/index.html
 (I got the youth hostel idea from FOSDEM)
If you don't like dorm accomodations, there are hotels not too far away
AMD and other local employees can just drive up each day if they want

So I am curious: if we have such a meeting, say, sep. 7 or so, who is
interested?

thanks

ron