[LinuxBIOS] Distros

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Wed Mar 7 20:52:20 CET 2007

joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> No, I think I am going to just try Gentoo though. It's time for a
> change, I have been using Fedora/Redhat for many years. And I have
> heard great things about Gentoo.
>
> Thanks - Joe
Well, just for the record, I've intalled FC6 x86 in QEMU from the DVD
iso, and tried both with and without SELinux enabled, and I had
absolutely no build errors on several targets (via epia, asus p2b, and a
couple tyan boards). I didn't even have to turn off stack protectors,
and this is a fully updated system. I'm not sure where your error was
coming from or even what it was, sorry. Enjoy Gentoo, cya again in a
week or so when you're done compiling the base system ;)

-Corey