[LinuxBIOS] GPLv2 vs. 'GPLv2 or later' clarifications

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Mar 2 21:37:45 CET 2007

Hi all,

this is a request for license clarifications for everybody who
contributed to LinuxBIOS and did _not_ explicitly choose whether
his/her contribution should be licensed under the terms of the
'GPLv2' or 'GPLv2 or later'.

For all files which only say "GPL" (without specifying an explicit
version of the license) and for all files which do not have an explicit
license header at all, please let us know which version of the GPL
you meant when contributing your code.

We'd really like to fix up all license headers so that it's
unambigiously clear to everyone which GPL-version is meant.

It would be even nicer (but not required) if you could supply us with
patches to files in the current LinuxBIOSv2 svn tree you created/modified.
Please use the common LinuxBIOS license header template from
http://linuxbios.org/Development_Guidelines#Common_License_Header
and add your name, email address and the respective year(s) to the
copyright lines.

I tried to collect a few email addresses from contributors from the v1
and FreeBIOS days, but I might have missed some (I hope they're still
subscribed to the LinuxBIOS list)...

Thanks in advance! Uwe.