[LinuxBIOS] mcp55 flashrom problem

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri Mar 2 21:43:21 CET 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 08:57:12PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> > That's good news I think, it means that flashrom is probably doing the same
> > thing as Q-flash.
>
> Yes, both programs don't disable shadowing.

So, let's assume that's the case.

The Q-flash tool - built into the proprietary bios - also has 'restore'
functionality.

So; if I would attempt to 'restore' the copy of the BIOS I made with Q-flash,
I would have a brick? Or perhaps those 2 bytes don't matter for proper
operation of the machine?

> No, of course not. That would be too dangerous, so you can bet that shadowing
> is on.

I guess that means that flashrom needs fixing. Can someone who knows MCP55
chime in?

Thanks,
Ward.

--