[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on a braille display ?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Mar 2 10:30:37 CET 2007

Hi,

Stefan Reinauer, le Fri 02 Mar 2007 10:18:57 +0100, a écrit :
> * Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> [070302 09:03]:
> > My guess is that the manufacturer triedto use cheap hardware to keep the
> > price of the whole eevice "reasonnable", given that the braille cells
> > are themselves expensive.
>
> Do you have some more information about the device? How is the Braille
> terminal attached? USB? Serial?

The braille cells part is attached via serial.

Note: about the braille cells part support, we already discussed about
it on this list earlier:
http://www.openbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2006-July/014925.html

I just didn't yet take the time to implement anything, but for serial
devices I expect things to be just fine.  As discussed in that thread,
USB support (which will be needed for other devices) will be harder, but
would be very useful since devices are now usually USB-based.

Samuel