[LinuxBIOS] CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN effects

Joe Pub joepubber at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:53:12 CET 2007

Hi There,

What other effects does the CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN have, I know that it
runs a PCI device's expansion rom during pci_dev_init but does it have
any other effects.

I have enabled it an attempt to get started on supporting VGA on
VMWare.  I have left serial console on and kept vga and btext console
off.

With this configuration I would expect to see almost the same serial
output, especially up until the point the pci devices are initalised,
but I get nothing at all not even before the pci devices are
initalised.  Could there be another cause to this?

Thanks