[LinuxBIOS] mcp55 flashrom problem

Ed Swierk eswierk at arastra.com
Thu Mar 1 08:12:39 CET 2007

On 2/28/07, Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org> wrote:
> So, you've verified that the image that flashrom reads matches what you can
> download from the manufacturers website (extracted)?
>
> Flashrom doesn't crash or anything here, and it might just *write* fine (not
> tested yet), but reading gives the wrong data. We know, because we got the ID
> for the chip back, that at least a couple of writes to the chip succeeded.

I used flashrom several months ago to read the vendor's BIOS. I did
not actually compare it against the one posted on their web site, but
I thought the contents looked plausible when I went grepping through
it for strings.

I can give it another try when I get my hands on the DFI board again next week.

--Ed