[LinuxBIOS] [RFC] v3: dts fixes and questions

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Jun 30 23:43:20 CEST 2007

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [070630 21:38]:
> Here's a patch which streamlines the dts contents a bit:
>
>  - Every "thing" should have an "enable;" line (or am I missing some
>    reason why they shouldn't?)

If every device node gets an enabled; entry, the meaning of enabled is
bogus and we can leave it away. So adding enabled to all devices is a
bad idea in my opinion.

Ron explained to me that there might be some devices that need their
bars set up so the bridge they hang off can be set up correctly, but the
device itself should not be enabled. Hope I get it right.

So instead of adding enabled; to all device nodes, we should add
disabled to those that we do not want enabled. What do you think?

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613