[LinuxBIOS] r367 - in LinuxBIOSv3: . include/arch/x86

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jun 28 23:43:52 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 07:00:11PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * svn at openbios.org <svn at openbios.org> [070626 15:46]:
> >  /*
> > - * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> > - * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
> > - * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
> > - * (at your option) any later version.
> > - *
> > - * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
> > - * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> > - * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
> > - * GNU General Public License for more details.
> > - *
> > - * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
> > - * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
> > - * Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
>
> Nack, please dont remove license headers.

Usually I would fully agree, of course, but this is a special case.
AFAIR we decided to only "mark" files we copy from other projects (e.g.
the Linux kernel in this case) with a "taken from Linux" marker, but
we do not add a license header if there wasn't one in the Linux file.

The assumption is that all Linux code is GPLv2 unless stated otherwise.

So the license header in this file was not only superfluous but also
wrong, as it said "GPLv2-or-later".

Uwe.