[LinuxBIOS] r369 - in LinuxBIOSv3/southbridge: amd/cs5536 intel/i82371eb

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:59:18 CEST 2007

Peter, I did the best I can to respond to the comments. I can not fix
everything just yet.

The 0x100 I don't know about. Marc?

On 6/27/07, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 09:14:27PM +0200, svn at openbios.org wrote:

> This construct is all over the file. There is a #define PM_WKXD 0x034
> so please change the code to use it and remove the comment.

I like the comment above the code block. I did change the constant to the name.

> > +#define RTC_CENTURY 0x32
> > +#define RTC_DOMA     0x3D
> > +#define RTC_MONA     0x3E
>
> Perhaps these should go into some .h?

but where?

> Maybe there should be a default: here to catch problems in the dts?

I just don't know how to handle it. Marc, what is that 7 6 5 4 in the
case in cs5536.h for the
addr =
bit?

> The comment is obviously wrong for USB. :)

I think I fixed that.

> > +             /* ; EECP=50h, IST=01h, ASPC=1 */
> > +             *(bar + HCCPARAMS) = 0x00005012;
>
> Don't know if these exist as defines, but they should.

Marc?

> #define 0x7C ?

Uh, Marc :-)?

> I would love to see the POST code mess unified before there are ten
> boards in v3 all using their own slightly different code and define
> style.

we're trying. But marc did such a great job with post that I don't
want to lose it.

> > +     /*      Allow IO read and writes during a ATA DMA operation. */
> > +     /*       This could be done in the HD rom but do it here for easier debugging. */
>
> long lines..

fixed.

> > +     msrnum = ATA_SB_GLD_MSR_ERR;
> > +     msr = rdmsr(msrnum);
> > +     msr.lo &= ~0x100;
> > +     wrmsr(msrnum, msr);
>
> #define 0x100 ?

Marc :-)?

> > +#warning Add back in unwanted VPCI support
> > +#if 0
> > +     /* disable unwanted virtual PCI devices */
> > +     for (i = 0; (i < MAX_UNWANTED_VPCI) && (0 != sb->unwanted_vpci[i]); i++) {
> > +             printk(BIOS_DEBUG, "Disabling VPCI device: 0x%08X\n",
> > +                          sb->unwanted_vpci[i]);
> > +             outl(sb->unwanted_vpci[i] + 0x7C, 0xCF8);
>
> Here's 0x7c again. Same value? #define ?
>

> > +             outl(0xDEADBEEF, 0xCFC);
> > +     }
> > +#endif
>
> Should all of this code just be deleted?

no, I will be reviving it.

This LX port is going to go in several stages. For now, we want code
in the repo that builds. My laptop disk is dying and I want it in the
repo and off my disk .... there's a lot of urgency.

thanks

ron