[LinuxBIOS] (U)EFI payload for LinuxBIOS based on TianoCore- Current Status Report of GSoC

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sat Jun 23 14:52:16 CEST 2007

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 03:40:58PM -0700, Xiong Yi wrote:
> Firstly to parse the LB table and transform to HOB format; then the
> DXE gets the HOB list transformed by LB table. Secondly: to parse
> LB table directly for DXE use and discard the HOB data structure
> from EDK.

> The former can reuse the EDK source codes to more extent; the
> latter can thin the (U)EFI payload more. I have not determined
> which solution to choose. Maybe you can give me some suggestions.

I think we can benefit from providing (U)EFI what it wants. I say let
your (U)EFI loader payload prepare the HOB using the LB table.

> (5)   The solution to load (U)EFI payload from LB is needed
> although I have not got the clear idea for this. Generally speaking,
> I may develop the special tools to transfer (U)EFI payload binary to
> ELF that the LB can load(just like the Linux kernel payload
> codes.

Right, either write a new efiboot that would replace elfboot,
or make an ELF wrapper for (U)EFI. I for one prefer the latter
solution just because that's how the other payloads work.

> Any feedbacks or suggestions are appreciated very much.

Nice to hear from you! Seems like you are making good progress! :)

//Peter