[LinuxBIOS] EEPROM/Flash reader/writer

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Jun 20 10:06:00 CEST 2007

* Robert Millan <rmh at aybabtu.com> [070620 09:31]:
> I'm looking for an eeprom/flash reader/writer device, but those I could find
> at local vendors seem to be targetted only at win32, or even MS-DOG.
>
> Does someone know a model that works with free software that you can
> recommend?

The Galep IV and Galep V devices from Conitec work fine under Linux.
There is open source Linux software for the IV model, but it is alpha
and not maintained. The Windows version of both devices (notably the
Galep V which is based on an ARM uC running Linux) work very nice in wine.

Conitec is going to release a native Linux version of their software
for the Galep V. Whether that will be free as freedom or "only" free as
beer is yet unknown :)

http://www.linuxbios.org/Galep_IV

The setup of the Galep V software is trivial, since the V uses a USB
network chip. You can telnet and http to the device, too.

> My spam trap is honeypot at aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
> for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.

excellent idea!

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613