[LinuxBIOS] RFC Winflashrom Architecture -- Current device driver (testbed)

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 08:15:50 CEST 2007

Okay, I hate to sound naive, but what Windows versions can/will this
support? I'm assuming 2000 and XP, what about Vista and 98? Also, where
this is going to be a driver, will there be any problem with Vista
complaining about it not being signed? Vista can be a real pain with
drivers that aren't signed, the beta I was running had a workaround to
allow you to boot, but I think that was removed from the retail release,
which I have (free of charge, the only way I'd have it) but haven't
installed yet.

And last (but not least), flashing the BIOS while running Windows always
seems to have been a tricky beast, I bricked a couple boards using
windows-based flash tools back in the day. Will there be any ill side
effects and/or potential issues with this?

BTW, good work!

-Corey