[LinuxBIOS] Specifications

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Jun 15 02:24:47 CEST 2007

On 15/06/07 02:08 +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> However - LinuxBIOS will need to "hand over" the system to the
> payload and I guess that the formalization of this handover is what
> this thread is all about. It should include providing the payload
> with information about how the system is set up as of now so that
> good payloads can be written which will work on any setup.

Ah - perhaps thats the problem.  I read the request as saying "We don't
want to set up the serial, so set it up and tell us how you did it",
but perhaps the request was really "if you set up the serial, then
tell me, and I'll do it the same way".

So let me ask you this - under the proposal, what if I choose to tell
the payload that the baud rate is 0.  Does the payload then pick a sane
baud rate of its own, and program the 16550 itself, or does it collapse in
a heap and claim that LinuxBIOS didn't work because the serial settings
are not sane?

If its the first scenario - then I'm on board.  Its the second that I am
worried about.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse