[LinuxBIOS] r2715 - trunk/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jun 7 00:12:22 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:47:59PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:35:46PM +0200, svn at openbios.org wrote:
> > The previous code was pretty unreadable, undocumented and did some
> > totally unrelated things (such as mucking with the game port or
> > port 0x92).
>
> Did you check the data book? I can't find it or I would have checked.

Yep, it's here: http://www.national.com/ds.cgi/CS/CS5530A.pdf

This is for flashrom, which only needs to make the ROM readable and
writable. No need for random other stuff (game port, etc).

> I seem to recall 0x92 is used for this and that, not just the game
> port.

Yeah, I think port 0x92 can reboot/reset the system or something alike.
The code was not _using_ port 0x92, though, but rather _enabling_ it
to be used by the OS (or whomever). All of this is not needed in
flashrom, of course.

Uwe.