[LinuxBIOS] which motherboard would be the better choice

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Mon Jun 4 18:42:31 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 11:36:16PM -0700, Mike Dilworth wrote:

Your email software (it looks like a webmail) sends messages with
incorrect line endings. Perhaps you could ask your provider to update
the software.

> Amongst other things I am a c/c++ programmer and I would be very
> interested in dabble in Linux Bios however I have almost no free
> time these days.  In your opinion how much work is needed. Consider
> I know pretty much zero about LinuxBios but rate highly as a c
> programmer, I am also a fast learner, and that I could perhaps give
> the effort about 10-15hrs a week. How many weeks do you think its
> going to take?

Writing the code is not all that hard. A bold guess is 20 hours for
a port with all new components.

Acquiring documentation and knowledge required to actually write that
code is probably more like 200-400 hours however. :\

//Peter