[LinuxBIOS] How many tables exist in BIOS?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Jun 4 15:42:34 CEST 2007

* Feng, Libo <Libo.Feng at amd.com> [070604 11:28]:
> Hi, all,
>
> Who can tell me a general question about BIOS: how many tables exist in BIOS,
> which will be used by Operating System later? As far as I know, there are the
> IRQ table, MP table, ACPI table. Any others?

LinuxBIOS also has the "LinuxBIOS table", which will at some point be
the base table which might allow you to create IRQ, MP and ACPI
automatically. This is only a concept so far and has not even been
designed, nor implemented.

Otherwise, those three table types are all you need to cope with. There
is also DMI/SMBIOS, but that is not required

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613