[LinuxBIOS] [RFC] i82801 generic patch

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Sat Jun 2 13:54:41 CEST 2007

The attached patch is a unified version of the current ports of the
i82801 series currently in LinuxBIOS. Since most of the ports are nearly
identical, I've taken for each file and chosen the cleanest or best
version of the code, then checked over the datasheets to *some* of the
series, including the aa, ba, ca, and db, to make sure that it would
work. I've also made some changes here and there, mostly cleanup and
clarification. The only things left to look at are the huge difference
between this version's lpc init and the i82801er's, finding a better way
to select which chip is present on the board, and gpl headers in all
files. Anyways, comments, suggestions, even flames are welcome ;)
Testing on other chips can be done at this point as well, this is tested
and working on one model, the i82801aa.

-Corey