[LinuxBIOS] GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4

Allix Davis allix.davis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 01:46:26 CEST 2007

Hello, i bought a GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard after hearing LinuxBios
works on it.
I have not yet installed it, at the moment i am using the proprietary Award
bios version F8 2007/03/20 .

I wanted to use AMD-V with kvm or xen, unfortunately the bios has disabled
it and there is no option in the bios to enable it.
I found on a thread that before G stepping support disabling amd-v was
difficult and therefore bios companies left it enabled.

On a xen forum somebody had a Gigabyte M61P-S3 and had the same problem ,
they downgraded to a bios that did not have G stepping support and amd-v was
enabled, of course they lost powernow and other features.

I am asking if anyone knows if the latest bios version F9 or some way to
enable amd-v on the bios, of course i am willing to use linuxBios , but i
would like to wait for a few releases so all bugs are cleared and acpi is
enabled.

I have amd64 x2 5200+ on the board...

kind regards

Allix Davis