[LinuxBIOS] GA-M57SLI - Nvidia X Server

john selmys at lotuspond.ca
Thu Jul 26 01:09:42 CEST 2007

> Can you please post a patch with all your changes to the code or config
> files (if any) and a full boot log (get it via serial console) with
> maximum debug level enabled?
>
> And/or can you try with another PCI VGA card to see if it makes a
> difference?
>

> Thanks, Uwe.

Well, I dug up an ancient ATI card and installed it with similar results
as when using my GForce 8600 card. For some reason X refuses to start.
I have attached my FILO Config file, my LinuxBIOS2 Config.lb file, the
boot output from the serial port, and the Xorg log.

Also, two observations:
1. I tried to use a 20 year old dumb terminal (NABU 4503) to monitor
serial output. The terminal could only handle a maximum of 19200 baud
which was too slow for LinuxBIOS output stream - all characters were
garbled. Once FILO took over the output was readable. Anyway I scrapped
the terminal and now use a PC with minicom at 115200 baud.
2. Kernel loading is slow but initrd loading is very, very, slow.

John