[LinuxBIOS] Add an "ADD" mode to the LAR utility

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Jul 25 21:30:29 CEST 2007

On 25/07/07 20:29 +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> This patch aside, I would like a better way to provide the flags and
> pathname rather than around the filename, but I can't think of
> anything really simple. The manifest file is the best idea so far,
> but I would like to be able to run lar without one too.

Agreed.  I thought about this for a while myself, and this is the best
I've come up with (thats not saying much, though), that fit in the
current model.

Another option might be to use an 'expression' based command line, with
options processed in order in the command line (like 'find' does):

./lar --add --file foo --path normal/foo --nocompress \
	--file bar --path fallback/bar

where --path and --nocompress are modifiers for the blob previously
specified with --file.

Another option similar to that would be to only allow a single file to
be specified, and only during the 'add' function.

./lar --create --bootblock bootblock --size 16k <-- create the LAR
./lar --add --file stage1 --path normal/stage1
./lar --add --file stage2 --path normal/stage2 --nocompress

and so on and so forth.

Neither of these options seem very clever to me, so I am completely
open to suggestions.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse