[LinuxBIOS] V3 fallback, failover, and the normal boot flag.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 05:16:34 CEST 2007

On 7/17/07, Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter Stuge wrote:
> > Also re CMOS checksum, I would like if LB could avoid clobbering the
> > CMOS, for when switching back and forth with another BIOS.
> >
> > Writing LB CMOS bytes would be done after the final switch.
> >

> > //Peter
> >

> Agreed
>
> -Corey

So I guess the original logic is right.

- CMOS csum bad? fallback boot
- last boot normal not set? fallback boot

but we still need the ability to clear one bit, so we can drop to
fallback. That bit is the 'last boot normal' bit. We can't get away
from clearing one bit. But we can avoid messing with cmos otherwise.

ron