[LinuxBIOS] PATCH][LAR] Allow user to specify pathnames for create and add

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Jul 12 13:10:09 CEST 2007

* Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> [070712 01:50]:
> # MANIFEST
> # Filename	    pathname		algorithm
> /root/my.payload    normal/payload	lzma
> bootblock	    bootblock		-

Do we really need to distinguish between filename and pathname? I don't
understand the difference here, unless it's a copy operation instead of
an archive. Back when we invented lar, we thought about making all
matches via the filename. So I think pathname is an idea to go away from
that fixed mapping again...?

I'd rather define file types rather than pathnames?

Or is the pathname such a filetype, and the name is just ambiguous?

I like that you can add/exchange a file via the command line, and one needs to
specify all the information in the manifest on the command line, too.
So we should think about what goes in there.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613