[LinuxBIOS] MCP55 LinuxBIOS with USB debug etc. part 1

Ed Swierk eswierk at arastra.com
Mon Jan 22 19:38:37 CET 2007

On 1/20/07, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
> great work Yinghai! Thanks a lot!

Yes, it's great to see some code finally getting released. My own code
is still stuck somewhere in nVidia legal limbo, but it's mainly a
subset of Yinghai's except for the particular mainboard (DFI LANParty)
support.

> Please do _not_ commit this as is. We should split this up in several
> small, independent patches, then review and test (as far as
> possible) all of them. The issue tracker will be very useful for this,
> IHMO we should create an issue for every sub-patch...

Also there's a lot of overlap between the new code and the existing
code in src/southbridge/nvidia/ck804. In some cases the only
differences are a few constants. It would be unfortunate if every time
nVidia releases a new chipset (MCP65 is just around the corner!) we
ended up with another copy of almost the same code.

This issue is probably not important enough to block committing the
code if it's otherwise okay. Maybe the best thing would be just to
open a tracker issue for this, i.e. merging mcp55 and ck804 code into
a more generic "nforce" southbridge. I can spend some time on this but
can't promise to do it all myself.

--Ed