[LinuxBIOS] What to implement "system recovery" features in bios

li pan purpureleaf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 16:33:12 CET 2007

Thanks for your suggestions! They are really helpful
I still have some more detail questions,
---------
1 Is linuxbios a "real" linux?
  I mean can a normal linux app run on it?
  We want the user to use this app to recovery a faild pc, so we need
the app in BIOS, not harddisk
2 I  am still not sure about the linuxbios/awardbios coexistence stuff.
  Al mentioned DualBIOS, but as long as I know, that means mainborad
holds 2 biso chips, and if one fails, mainboard will use the other. (Correct me
if I am wrong, I don't know much about this)
 But I need the award bios be used in normal case, and if the user hit some key
while booting, the computer will switch to linuxbios, which will load
the backup/recovery appliaction. I think the IBM app works this way.

Thanks for you help!