[LinuxBIOS] geode LX

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 03:50:14 CET 2007

One LX port has been done, I'm doing another, and you would hence be
the 3rd or 4th. You have contacted AMD I assume concerning
redistribution rights for the LX VSA? You are going to need to do
that.

The build depends on what you put on the board. The best thing you
could do would be to talk to this mailing list a little so we can help
you design the board with linuxbios in mind.

Also, do you intend to put linux in flash, for linuxbios to load, or
... in other words, how do you want this thing to boot? There are now
several options, so you want to think about how you want it to boot.
We've worked with a number of vendors recently on putting linux in the
BIOS flash, and having linux load it. They find the debug flexibility
very useful. This just started getting to be popular when the 1 MBYTE
parts hit the street.

thanks

ron