[LinuxBIOS] Xvesa on LinuxBIOS

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:53:45 CET 2007

Hi Dave,

2007/2/28, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com>:
> On 26/02/07, Alan Carvalho de Assis <acassis at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > After I will record a video and place in youtube to others people see
> > it
>
> Please make the video available in the free software Ogg/Theora format too :-)

Ok, no problem.

Just now the graphic mode still very simple, it just has Xvesa running
with Matchbox and rxvt. It starts in ~ 8s, but I have some ideas to
improve speed.

Other problem is the space, the 2MB BIOS flash is completely full, I
removed almost everything from kernel, including printk support. I
will apply the LZMA patch in kernel, maybe I will get more space.

> > I hope we can create something like the Phoenix BIOS to read email
> > and browser web.
>
> This is awesome! :-)

Yes it is fantastic, all we need inside a BIOS.

> --
> Regards,
> Dave

Best regards,

Alan

|                     Alan Carvalho de Assis                |