[LinuxBIOS] Intel 440bx

roger roger at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 27 22:23:47 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 14:00 +0100, Uwe Hermann wrote:

> Great, thanks! As soon as RAM init works, you could help us create a
> mainboard/target for your board...
>
> Before that, you can try some patches we'll surely post later to check
> if RAM works. You'll need a working serial port (+ supported Super I/O)
> and a null modem cable to get serial output...

I've had the serial cable setup a couple years ago & working but was
having problems flashing any builds to my bios chips as it seemed, at
the time, Intel had masked the BIOS to prevent flashing unless it was
first unmasked.  (Unknown if the current flash script in V2 works and/or
MTD finds the masked BIOS chip on my Tyan 1832DL or 440BX boards.)

I'll do my best to read *any* posts to the Linuxbios mailing list with
440BX within the title and, if I need to, invest in a decent Eprom
burner as well as further documenting any experiences to my web page and
where I've left off with my work so other users can pull from my
experience.  I know there's a lot of 440BX boards out there needing a
newer BIOS as well as.  My laptop is also an i815 I think, for which, I
see Corey responding to a post on the list being next after 440BX.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Tue Feb 27 13:12:39 PST 2007