[LinuxBIOS] Intel 440bx

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Feb 26 13:50:41 CET 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 07:40:55PM -0500, Corey Osgood wrote:
> Uwe Hermann wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 08:02:17PM +0100, Shaddam Corrino IV wrote:
> >> Any news on 440BX platform?
> >
> > Hm, not yet. I'm stuck a bit as I cannot get the RAM to work when
> > hardcoding the registers. As soon as that works it's only a matter of
> > (not too much) time to get the generic code to work.
> >

> Have you had any luck with this? I'm tinkering around with my asus p2-99
> (440zx) while I wait for a POST card to come in for the other toy.

Nope, sorry. I tried on a Gigabyte GA-6BXC and on an Asus P2B board, but
I can't seem to find out where the problem lies.

Is anybody with such a board out there who could test/debug my code?
Maybe I'm just too stupid to see an obious error...

In the mean time, I'll also give the Intel 430TX a try. Maybe if I can
get that one working I know more about what could be wrong with the
440BX...

Uwe.