[LinuxBIOS] r2550 - trunk/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Feb 11 02:46:47 CET 2007

>>> Sign off.
>>
>> I would say ack, but not necessarily sign off.
>
> I guess Segher's point is that committing a patch sent to the mailing
> list falls under (c) in the DCO, so I should sign off. Is the mailing
> list really "directly to me" ?

Yes.  You got the code, you passed it on.  You better make
sure that you know what you're signing for though -- i.e.,
you should make reasonably sure that the person who sent
you the patch had the right to do so (whether something is
sent via a mailing list makes no difference at all btw --
conducting your business in the open doesn't change the
business).

> So should I actually first ack and then sign off?
>
> Or do we just agree to roll the two into one for LinuxBIOS?
> That would make whichever one we choose more ambiguous though. :\

Well it would be really weird to sign-off on a patch that
you don't agree with, so acked-by is quite redundant if you
already signed off on a patch.

Segher