[LinuxBIOS] ck804 romstrap modification

Roman Kononov kononov195-lbl at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 19:46:57 CET 2007

On 02/07/2007 12:13 PM, Lu, Yinghai wrote:
> So you need to scripts for flash
> 1. get mac address from the legacy bios from flash
> 2. flash your linuxbios.
> 3. reprogram you mac address again.

Thank you for the clarifications.

> Good HW design should use serial EEPROM on smbus to preserve the MAC
> address instead like s2895.

It is not my case. Sun Ultra40 has AT24C64, which has no MAC in
it. This EEPROM looks smbus-unfriendly for it needs 13-bit data
words. In any case, the original BIOSes contain MACs, serial
numbers and other tags.

What do you think about the above stuff?

I panned to modify romstrap.inc and Sun Ultra40 mainboard's
Config.lb, and put that mac_address.h into the target directory
so that a potential user of linuxbios.org would be aware about
all this.

Roman