[LinuxBIOS] hda: lost interrupt when executing linux kernel

Indrek Kruusa indrek.kruusa at artecdesign.ee
Fri Feb 2 09:01:37 CET 2007

Ühel kenal päeval (neljapäev 01 veebruar 2007 4:44 am) kirjutas michal wan:
> 1 it looks ok running linuxbios and filo
>
> when  executing linux kernel, something occurs like "hda: lost interrupt"
>
> there are some problems which can be seen from the output of linux kernel
> 1  AMD5536: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs lalater
> 2 AMD5536: neither IDE port enabled (BIOS)

You don't have CS5536 properly configured for IDE.
grepping  MDD_PIN_OPT in source would help. This register is referred as
DIVIL_BALL_OPT in CS5536's datasheet.
I suppose that in the future somebody will fix the source to match the
datasheet.

cheers,
Indrek