[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS Solaris Dev

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Thu Feb 1 01:33:47 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 07:16:32PM -0500, Kaufman,  Adam wrote:
> Well, I had to do a bit of messing around, but I got both pciutils and
> flashrom to compile on my Solaris 10 box. My biggest concern was the
> /dev/mem wouldn't allow the same access we get on linux...  here's what
> I get:
>
> bash-3.00# ./flashrom
> Calibrating delay loop... ok
> Can not mmap /dev/mem at 00000000 errno(6):No such device or address
>
> Ideas?

Dunno about userspace IO in Solaris.

Here are some semi-useful links about device drivers at least:

Writing Device Drivers
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4854?q=816-4854
(Grab the PDF, I find docs.sun.com to be terribly slow.)

Writing 64-bit Clean Device Drivers for Solaris 10 for x64 Platforms:
A 32-bit and 64-bit Compatible Guide
http://partneradvantage.sun.com/protected/solaris10/adoptionkit/x86/Porting_wp.pdf

//Peter