[LinuxBIOS] we are Unable to flash in SST49LF004A/B chip

malatesh malatesh_6328 at rediffmail.com
Sat Dec 29 12:38:22 CET 2007

Hello....
Advance happy  New year......

      ASRock K8Upgrade-VM800 motherboard is detecting SST49LF004A/B chip,but we are unable to write(flash).
  what is the procedure  for writting programe on
SST49LF004A/B chip.
we got a information like, remove the SST chip from its socket, strip the two ends of a small gauge wire, insert one end at pin 7(WP#)and the other at pin 32(VCC). Replace the chip, wedging the wires inplace is it necessory to flash the program in SST chip?

Please guide us........

Thanks,
Malatesh.