[LinuxBIOS] VIA EPIA MII 10k stability questions

Lars Randers lranders at mail.dk
Thu Dec 20 14:52:31 CET 2007

Hello list!

I've been dabbling with this board and the writeups for about a week to
little avail,
so I'd like to hear from anyone who have this board running stable with
LB,
and preferably with VGA enabled.

I can't seem to build the bios successfully with the Config.vga.filo.lb
configs.
I have also been investigating spurrious interrupts with the CF slot when
running
Linux (Centos 4.5 - 2.6.9 kernel) and the strange LAN lockup,
which seems to be related to a DMA issue in the southbridge chip.
VIA was working with the viaarena foums for a brief period in 2005, but
the issue
never seemed to be solved and VIA stopped talking on the forum.

Should I just trash the board and look for a more stable platform?
It's a nice platform, low power and all, but if it's hopelessly flawed in
design it's out.
Any input on the issue welcome!

Furthermore I'm struggeling to get the Linux kernel to boot through the
initrd without

ending up in a panic. I know it's not a LB issue, but as I said, I'd like
to get

in contact with anyone who has any knowledge into the problem.

The wiki is incomplete in this respect and I certainly wouldn't mind
donating

some of my time in return updating it if I could get it working.

Lars