[LinuxBIOS] problem about dram init

aaron lwe aaron.lwe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:34:15 CET 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 04:49:32PM +0800, aaron lwe wrote:
>* I've configured the via cn700 dram controller
*..
>* Unexpected Exception: 6 @ 10:1bfee821 - Halting
*..
>* can I say ram is initialized right?
*
//No. ram_check() is a useless metric.
//Until you can successfully run memtest86 as a payload and it reports
//zero errors, RAM has not yet been configured correctly.

OK, I get it. Thanks.
Memtest86 reports errors at memory address
1MB, 5MB, 9MB, 13MB, 17MB, ... not sure what's wrong.

//I think Corey got things going on the CN700, are you working from
//his patch?
yes, I used corey's cn700 patch, and after changed some values I can run
ram_check successfully,
but as you have said, it's not quite useful...
corey's original patch couldn't pass ram_check, and I have no idea why.